The home try-on guide
When your wedding dress arrives from Sofia Rein, your home becomes the bridal boutique.
Follow our helpful steps to prepare for your dream comes true!
STEP ONE: GET READY
- Ask your trusted friend to accompany you.
- Choose a place with good, flattering lighting.
- To protect your dress lay a clean bedsheet on the floor.
- Keep any liquids and fur material away from the dress.
STEP TWO: PREPARE YOURSELF
- Have a shower before you try on the gown! Have a fresh face and hair.
- Put on nude, seamless underwear and a pair of shoes similar in height to what you plan on wearing on your wedding day.
- Remove any jewelry to not snag the dress.
STEP THREE: put on THE GOWN
• If the gown has a back zipper, step into it; if the gown has a side zipper, pull it on overhead.
• If there is a hook eye close it before zipping the gown.
• Ask your friend to zip the gown!
Note: If the gown isn’t quite aisle-ready don’t get upset. With a magic help of tailor in your city finally it will be the perfect fit for you so you’ll be ready to say, “I do!”
#SofiaReinwedding STEP FOUR: TAILOR IT
• Sometimes the gown needs some common alterations like hemming, strap shortening, adding bust support, and nipping in the waist.
• If you don’t have a trusted tailor, you can ask your friends and family for recommendations.
STEP FIVE: STORAGE your gown
• We recommend you to store the gown in a dark,
dry space like the back of your closet.
• To relieve any pressure on the straps you should use garment loops.
• To protect your gown cover it in a natural fabric; we recommend to use a clean cotton bedsheet!
STEP SIX: That DAY
• Never iron your gown, just steam it. If you are not sure how to do that, call a dry cleaner who specializes in bridal to help you.
• Hang the gown to get rid of any extra wrinkles.
• Have your friends help you zip and button the gown.
STEP SEVEN: SHARE the dream
• Share your photos and add a review to help future bride to choose their dream gown.
• Tag us on Instagram with #SofiaReinwedding